-->

Thursday 13 September 2012

We went to this little museum in San Fran on the Beatniks.
It was quite weird but I enjoyed it all the same.



Allen Ginsberg



I liked the Momo paintings, I had never seen his work before and they reminded of Basquiat who is one of my favs.





We went into this funny little room with old school cinema  chairs and watched an interesting film about the life of Jack Kerouac. 

[The picture is not too good as it was v. dark in there!]



There was lots of Kerouac 
Memorabilia my fav would have 
to be this bobble head... too cute. 


My favourite photo in the museum 
of him was this one where he is with 
Ginsberg... the were Beatnik buds. 


Other cool stuff I saw were these 
comics based on LSD trips...


And this door sign which said; 

Emergency Exit Alarm will HOWL

referring to Allen Ginsberg famous poem from the time.


Definitely worth a trip if you are ever in 
San Fran as a change of scenery and an 
informative place which doesn't take itself too seriously. 






No comments:

Post a Comment